Sunday, July 12, 2009

Haircuts

So the other day Frank and Molly went to Petsmart to get groomed. Of course both of them were very excited as they pranced/pulled/ jumped (on their hind legs) into the front door. The excitement turned to fear as they realized that they were not here to get toys or food, but their hairs cut. Once we stepped inside the grooming room, Molly sat at the door, ready to dash when/if the door opened . . and I'm sure hoping that she could teleport herself anywhere but at the Petsmart Salon. Franklin on the other hand proceeded to repeatedly tug the leash, as if to say "quick!! we can still make a run for it". During these shenanigans, I was repetedly spelling my (old) last name and trying to point out my dogs' appointments in the book, while trying to pretend that they, indeed, do want to be there.

So four hours later I returned to pick them up. The standard proceedure is to pick up the invoice, pay at the register and then return to get your dogs (for those of you who haven't been priveledged with the Petsmart Salon experience). Now keep in mind that I have been going to this Petsmart for over four years . . . . I returned to the chipper dog groomer saying that Molly and Frank were great and was given a report card. A report card?! I wish I had scanned them before I lost them . . . (maybe Molly shredded them?!) Somehow both of them got rave reviews ( I think its a conspiracy so that I keep bringing them back).
I hear some barking behind the swinging door. . I smile at the sweet old woman picking up her "Charlotte" dog.. . and said "ohh those must be mine" . . . she looked at me with a pitiful, yet sweet, look. Barrelling out of the swinging door come Frank and Molly as if they had been through various forms of torture for the past few hours. Most shockingly, Franklin came out with a bandana. Yes, a bandana!!! You see, the standard package at Petsmart does come with a bandana and cologne, but years ago I requested that he not get either because people already think he's a girl.

Anyways, here's a picture of them after their glorious haircuts. Don't be jealous.





No comments: