Thursday, February 19, 2009

Naughty Molly is BACK!

Lately, Molly has been super (like SUPER DUPER) excited to see me when I come home from being gone all day (well, the days that I actually do go to the office or have inspections) . . . It basically involves a lot of jumping, kisses and fast darts around the living room. . . So it wasn't surprising that Little Furball was as excited as ever to see me this evening. As I was walking up the stairs, she continued her excitement, but once she got to the top she immediately stopped. I realized when I rounded the corner. . . . . she had left this lovely, shredded mess for me.
Perhaps she thinks my discarded paper not only needs to be recycled BUT shredded. Perhaps. Anyways, I started scolding her and this is what I got . . .




How pathetic is THAT look?? At least she finally realizes that she was naughty. It honestly took quite a while for her to realize but that's a whole 'nother story. Okay, okay, I won't leave you hanging . .

So in the fall, I was at my wits end with Molly. She was causing a sorts of trouble (pre-blog) and it didn't seem like she was getting it. This basically lasted from July until October . . . seriously . . it was bad. Well one day in October, I realized that Molly's ears were really smelly, so I took her to the vet. The vet took one look at her and said she's got a double ear infection. They ran some tests on the gunk in her ears and determined that, on a scale from 0 to 4, Molly had one ear that was a 2 and another that was a 4!! Poor girl!! As a joke, I said "oh this must be why she doesn't ever listen to me" and the vet told me that she really probably couldn't hear me . . . especially out of the really bad ear. So after getting her ears cleaned and a round of antibiotics, her ears weren't smelly anymore (yay!). I also noticed that she started to react when she would get in trouble, come when I called her and learned how to sit (in a day or so!). Now, I know she didn't have an ear infection for the first 11 months of her life, but the change was seriously remarkable. Unfortunately, she is still causing trouble.

No comments: