Monday, February 16, 2009

Sorry for the big ‘ol delay folks!! The delay partly stems from the fact that the dogs have been good! Seriously! Its shocking. . but if they don’t give me anything to work with, its hard to write the blog. So, here’s a run down of recent events. Molly’s intestinal issues were not cured by the treatments for a bacterial infection or a parasite. The vet gave us a choice of changing her food to a hypo allergenic formula or getting her abdomen x-rayed for $400. Now, I clearly love my dog, but $400 is a lot of money to spend to *maybe* get an answer. So we opted for switching her food. Frankie is on it by default, but it will probably help him too, as he is a white poodle who has had some allergy issues in the past. The only downside is that their food bill skyrocket from about $30 for a 30 pound bag to $50 for a 30 pound bag that can only be purchased at Petsmart (also where their vet is). At this point, my dear readers, you know I have *nothing* else to spend extra money on, right? The good news is that it has been helping. We haven’t had any digestive issues (well, except when I gave them an edible dog bone/treat) . . . . so it looks like we have momentarily solved Molly’s issues. Yay!

So this weekend, we took a trip to St. Louis to visit my dad and decided to take the dogs. Boy oh boy, did they have fun! My dad lives out in the country, so the pups were able to run around to their little hearts content (well, within reason, like not up the road, etc.). In fact, Ryan took a liking to the creek which had running water. I was waiting for the moment that Molly figured this out, as she is OBSESSED with water. Well, she was following him and I guess didn’t realize how deep some of the pools of water were . . . she confidently walked through the puddle. . .and fell into a water puddle up to her belly She backed it out of there so fast and was not a happy camper. I think the water had to have been just above freezing! Well when Ryan and I went to see some of my friends, Molly and Frank were left home with Grandpa. Overall, my dad said they were pretty good but Frank was freaked out by the sump pump (apparently he would rocket off the couch barking . . my dad thinks it was because it sounded like the garage door opening) and he kept his eye on the back door the entire time we were gone. He said Molly could care less that we were gone and spent the majority of the time sleeping. Thanks Molls!!
One of their most exciting events was them meeting my dad’s cat, Ebby. I am pretty sure it was Molly’s first time seeing a cat, and she didn’t seem to interested . . probably because Ebby wouldn’t stop hissing at them. Franklin found her very intriguing which caused her to hiss even more. I think he had a hard time understanding why she didn’t want to be friends with him.

Anyways, we are back home now. Frank and Molly seem to be quite relieved and have already gobbled down a whole lotta food! Here are pictures of Molly and Frank in the car (looking super bored).

No comments: